For the gowns. I used simple cotton prints.
For the pattern I used Sarah Jane's lovely infant gown pattern. I pleated the front of the bodices and both skirts were hand gathered. I think used the coat sleeve pattern from Elizabeth's pattern.
The chemises were made out a fine white cotton. It was so soft I really enjoyed working with it. :) I based them off of Sarah's pattern here. (Which is shaped pretty much like this chemise. :) I just added length, tapered it out slightly, cut both the front and back on the fold, and bound the neck link as one 'big' circle.
Lastly we have the caps. :) Once again fine white cotton with lace edging. And self fabric ties which I only put in the bottom. I'm sure I found the pattern for this on Sarah's blog also, but I can't for the life of me find a link. :-/ Basically the brim is rectangle as are the ties and the back is rounded on the top and flat on the bottom as you can see. :D
The adorable recipients Alanna and Jesse. :)
Thanks so much, Sarah Jane for being so helpful and sharing. Your such an inspiration. I'm so blessed to know you!
I suppose I will sign off now. As I'm running on 3 hours of sleep last night a cup off coffee this morning and I've had a very busy day. Me and Michelle froze 39 quarts of sweet corn, pulled and snapped a gallon and a half of green beans, picked a gallon and a half of blackberries in a terrible patch (we're super scratched up now :P), and we just got done making/canning 12 quarts of blueberry jam. Now the kitchen is spotless and it 10:54 p.m.. :D Needless to say. I'm alittle tired and in for a day of the same tomorrow. :)