Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

1860's toddler strapped petticoat and chemise

Awhile back I had the pleasure of working with my dear friend, Paris. She needed a few undergarments for little boy, Asa.

 First off is the strapped petticoat. It was a blast to make. Everything was squares or rectangles thus making it super easy.

It consisted of the waistband, straps, and 2 skirts. I sewed the two skirts on as one thus giving a the look of multiple petticoats, but they're all one piece. Anyone with little kids know how difficult it is to get all their layers on correctly. ;P 


The chemise is shaped the same as Elizabeth Stewart Clark's ladies chemise. A simple raglan style. Both of them are of course 100% cotton. All the gathers were hand sewn. It makes them so much finer and I'm able cram alot more fabric into smaller areas. :D


Here Asa is with his whole ensemble on. Paris did an awesome job on his dress. Makes me wish I had a little boy to dress. He looks picture perfect and is one the cutest little boys I've ever seen. :)


Love,
Brooke

No comments: