Miss Virginia of the Lady's Resource Blog has kindly given me my first blog award! I'm so thrilled... :D Thanks so much dear! ♥
The goal of the award is to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules of the award are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have fun! My Top Five Picks:
1. A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle "I am a 28 year old woman, recently married to the love of my life. I am a registered nurse, but before university I worked as a seamstress. I still sew a lot, mostly historical clothing. Which period I make clothes from varies with my present interest - pretty much everything from viking age to early 20th century. When I don't sew, I read. I also enjoy living history and re-enactment, and I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. " Sarah posts about all sorts of things is and a fantastic costumer.
2. Dreaming of Avonlea "I'm a nineteen year old Child of the king, Striving whole heartedly to become a proverbs 31 woman, so I may someday run my home in the way God would want me to. I'm an old fashioned person and study my favourite eras with passion, and would completely prefer a horse and carriage over a car. :D" Meggie's blog is full of variety. She posts about sewing, life in the country, etc.
3. Her Heart In History "I am a young wife and mother. I am most passionate about Christ, my family, and my home. I have two blogs. On one, I blog about my passions and interests--including good health through good nutrition (Real Food, including sugar and wheat-free cooking), natural living/being a good stewardess of the earth; on the other I blog about Civil War reenacting and other things that might be of interest in that category."
4. A Lass Of Yesteryear "My name is Tara Janelle. I am 17 years old and am a history fanatic, especially when it comes to clothing. In my leisure time you will find me drumming on the piano, reading a good book, writing letters to my fabulous pen-pals, painting or drawing a mouse in a jacket (I like Beatrix Potter, if you didn't get the hint), singing at the top of my lungs, or sewing a new dress."
5. The Couture Courtesan "This blog records my adventures in historical clothing construction and historical reenactment. I reenact Civil War, War of 1812, and Revolutionary War, and was a Maid of Honor in the Queen's Court at the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire. " Samantha is one of the best seamstresses I've seen. I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing some of her work... :)