A few weeks ago I made a pair of coats for the same girls I made the dresses for here. They were inspired by Ludwig Bemelmans' "Madeline".
She ordered the fabric from fabric.com. It was cotton duck so it was quite stiff. :)
I used an base a-line pattern which I altered to fit the girls. Appearently a-lines are like the straightest forward anything comes. lol
I made 3/4 length sleeves. With a plain narrow hem.
I think trying to get the collars the right size and to lay right was the hardest part. :D Not a huge fan of making peter pan collars here. :P
They were so easy to make. :D It was nice change from some of my other recent projects which have been overly complicated. :P Anyway I guess there's not much to say about them so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. :)