Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Etsy Order: 'Madeline' coats.

A few weeks ago I made a pair of coats for the same girls I made the dresses for here. They were inspired by Ludwig Bemelmans' "Madeline".

She ordered the fabric from fabric.com. It was cotton duck so it was quite stiff. :)



I used an base a-line pattern which I altered to fit the girls. Appearently a-lines are like the straightest forward anything comes. lol

I made 3/4 length sleeves. With a plain narrow hem.


I think trying to get the collars the right size and to lay right was the hardest part. :D Not a huge fan of making peter pan collars here. :P




They were so easy to make.  :D It was nice change from some of my other recent projects which have been overly complicated. :P Anyway I guess there's not much to say about them so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. :)

Brooke

7 comments:

Sarah W said...

Cute! Such a happy colour too :)

Megan said...

Those are just adorable!!!

Michelle said...

Very, Very Cute!!!

The Whitakers said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! :) You amaze me every day! If I had 1/2 of your talent, I would be happy! :)
~Sarah

Brooke said...

Aw, you girls are all so sweet! Thanks so much. :)

The Whitakers said...

Ahem...waiting for Danville pics...so I can scrapbook them!!! :)
~Sarah

Anonymous said...

Oh yes Brooke, they are wonderful! You go girl :D
Kate