I started this blouse last year for Megan's birthday. I got it part of the way done and wasn't pleased with how it was fitting. So I threw it into pile set it as side to finish some other time. The months slowly ticked by and Megan's birthday came and went again this past March. At the time I new I wanted to go a head and finish it for her, but between work and drivers ed. I didn't have any spare time. All that was left was constructing and setting the sleeves, buttons/buttonholes, and hemming the bottom. So, at last, I finished it!!
I used Simplicity 2501. Its a very straight forward pattern. Very simple to use and I understood the instructions perfectly. A nice accomplishment for someone such as myself. I usually just make up my own... :S :P I love the stand up collar and ties.
The only thing I don't really like about the pattern is the fact that it has bust darts (not sure what the technical name for them is? :-/). I can never seem to get them to lay right. The fabric is a plaid-like homespun that's been laying around for years. It was actually very nice to work with and is very soft, un-like some other homespuns. Thankfully I was able to find 9 matching buttons in our button collection. lol I was surprised to see how many we'd used since I last dug threw them.
As you can see it still doesn't fit to greatly, but maybe someday she'll grow into it. ;)
The back also has 2 darts, but they actually turned out pretty nicely so the don't really show. :)
I love the sleeves. There like cute little puff ones, but only have 2 box pleats on top and 1 on the bottom instead of a bunch of gathers.
Thanks so much for visiting. I've been spending alot of time in the sewing room and I'll have some things to show you soon. So don't be a stranger. ;)